Apple TV has become a number one source to get entertained. However, things can go south when your Apple TV remote stops working. As it will be super hard for you to connect to the WiFi and navigate through the UI. So the question is, how to connect Apple TV to WiFi without remote?
Well, there are a few hacks that you can use to connect your Apple TV to WiFi without a remote. But it will be a challenging task.
Anyway, to help you out, here are all the methods and steps that you have to follow.
How To Connect Apple TV To WiFi Without Remote?
Using iOS9 or Higher:
One of the biggest challenges that you will face is entering your WiFi password to establish a connection. However, in this case, you can use an Apple device running iOS9 or higher. You can simply share the WiFi SSID, password, and Apple ID with your Apple TV.
For this, you will first need to switch on your WiFi and Bluetooth on your iOS device. Then, you will switch on your Apple TV and wait until the startup screen appears.
Touch your iOS device to the Apple TV box, and it will trigger onscreen instructions. Then follow the steps, you will be able to connect your Apple TV to the WiFi without an internet connection.
Next, you can use your iPhone to connect your Apple TV to the WiFi. Instead of using a remote, your iPhone will work as a remote for your Apple TV.
You can enjoy this by using the remote feature available on your iPhone. However, if you don’t know about it, then here are the steps that you have to follow:
- From your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
- Search for Apple TV remote.
- Then enable the Directional Buttons option.
- Once the feature is enabled, swipe up to open the control centre.
- Then tap on your remote option to control your Apple Tv.
- After that, you need to switch on your Apple TV and use an Ethernet wire to make an internet connection.
- After that, you will need to configure WiFi by opening the settings and choosing the WiFi network from the network tab.
- Finally, follow all the onscreen instructions, and you will successfully be able to establish a connection.
Use A Bluetooth Keyboard:
You might not know, but your Apple TV does come with a remote interface. It has a huge touch area, and you can swipe around for navigation purposes and select the apps and lists on the Apple TV.
For instance, you can use volume buttons for volume control, a menu button can be held for opening the home screen. Also, you can activate Siri by tapping on the Mic button.
To connect to the WiFi, you can use a Bluetooth keyboard. You can connect a Bluetooth keyboard and configure your WiFi connection.
Use A Secondary Remote:
You can also use a standard TV remote to control your Apple TV and connect to the WiFi. For this, you can follow the below steps:
- The first step is to find a suitable remote which has directional buttons and is compatible with Apple TV.
- Then connect your Apple TV with an Ethernet cable and go to the General tab from the settings, and tap on the remotes by using the control centre on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the Learn remote option and follow the onscreen steps.
- Once the steps are completed, remove the Ethernet cable and switch to WiFi. And onwards you can use your secondary remote.
So that was the answer to your question about how to connect Apple TV to WiFi without remote. Now go ahead and try out the above methods. However, I would strongly recommend you to get a replacement for your Apple TV remote. As these hacks won’t give the true experience.