“What’s the best USB-C flash drive?” This question is common among new Apple MacBook Pro users. The answer to this question, unfortunately, is vague because of the wide range of storage capacities and portability options available in 2022. After testing many different models that are compatible with the latest MacBook Pro, we have prepared a detailed review of the best USB-C flash drives for your MacBook Pro.
When it comes to a good USB-C flash drive, there are many things to look for depending on how you want to use it. Anyways, this article is all about the best USB-C flash drive for your MacBook Pro.
Best USB-C Flash Drive for MacBook Pro
- Easily transfer files between smartphones, tablets and computers
- Free up space on your Android smartphone (Mobile device requires USB Type C port and On The Go (OTG) support)
- Retractable design with a reversible USB Type C connector and a traditional USB connector
- High speed USB 3.1 performance of up to 150MB/s Read Speeds (USB Type C port with USB 3.1, Gen. 1/USB 3.0 support required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending upon host device.)
- SanDisk Memory Zone app for Android (available on Google Play; Download and installation required) lets you easily manage and back up content on your smartphone and tablet
- 5 year limited manufacturer warranty
- Easily free up space on your smartphone or quickly transfer files between devices at USB 3.1 high speeds of up to 150MB/s(1). With a reversible USB Type-C connector and a traditional USB connector, the SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C lets you quickly and easily transfer files between smartphones, tablets and computers. Plus the SanDisk Memory Zone app for Android (available on Google Play)(3) helps you manage your device’s memory and your content. The SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C is the perfect liaison between your new USB Type-C device and your devices with traditional USB ports. | 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less. | (1) 32GB-256GB: Read speeds up to 150MB/s. 16GB: Read speeds up to 130MB/s. Write speeds lower and vary by capacity. USB Type-C port with USB 3.1, Gen. 1/USB 3.0 support required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending upon host device. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes. | (2) Mobile device requires USB Type-C port and On-The-Go (OTG) support | (3) Download and installation required
- Free up space on your Android smartphone and tablet by transferring videos, photos and more to PNY Duo Link OTG
- USB Type-C 3.1 connector is compatible with the latest Android smartphones and tablets1.
- USB Type-A 3.1 connector is compatible with PC and Mac computers, laptops, Ultrabook’s, printers and more. Also, check out Best External SSD For MacBook Pro & Air
- Up to 130MB/s transfer speed so that you spend more time making new memories.
- Sliding design protects Type-C and Type-A connectors when not in use.
- High Speed – With read speeds up to 100MB/s, Lexar USB3.2 Gen 1 Flash Drive offers you a nice experience of everyday fast data/files transfer, which makes you save more time. (Based on internal test condition of Lexar, actual speed may vary with different host devices and environments.)
- Plug and Play – Lexar USB 3.2 Gen 1 Flash Drive with USB-A & Type-C simple plugs thumb drive then start to transfer and storage data between devices. There is no need to install any software that you can transfer digital files, pictures, music and videos easily in fast speed. If plug, it works. Easy and convenient!
- Compatibility – With USB Type-C connector, Lexar USB3.2 Gen 1 USB stick free up storage of your Android smartphone, tablets, computers and any mobile devices with USB Type-C or On The Go (OTG) feature. And it is compatible with Windows7/8/10/Vista/XP/Unix/2000/ME/NT Linux/Mac OS. For devices, Lexar USB 3.2 Gen 1 pen drive is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. It can be compatible with more devices to achieve high-speed transmission performance.
- Safe and Reliable – With Lexar owned international standard storage technology of shockproof, waterproof, temperature proof (operating range is between 0° C and 60° C and storage range is between -20° C and 85°C.), x-ray proof and magnetic proof, Lexar USB 3.2 Gen 1 Flash Drive constantly safeguards your personal data, and effectively prevents them loss. Lexar is the international brand that worth counting on.
- Practical and Portable – With UDP technology, Lexar Type-C USB3.2 Gen 1 Flash Drive in the size of 40.5*12.2*7.2mm and 8g features tiny and seamless outlook with durable and rugged metal Zinc alloy casing and swivel design, which not only helps you keep data in mini size, but also you can be with them by your side. Both reversible USB3.2 Gen 1 (compatible with USB3.0/2.0) and USB C provide more convenience to you to handle different situation when your devices need different connectors support.
- The all-metal, 2-in-1 flash drive with a reversible USB Type-C and a traditional Type-A connector.
- Seamlessly move content between your USB Type-C smartphone, tablets and Macs and USB Type-A computers.
- Free up space on your USB Type-C smartphone so you can take more photos. Also, check out Best External Hard Drive For MacBook Pro & Air
- Automatically back up photos using the SanDisk Memory Zone app.
- Important – If device can not recognize it,please format of the drive to FAT32 as smartphones and tablets recognize this format.Some Brand/Some Model smart phones are Incompatible with Big capacity usb drives
- Incompatible Port:Micro USB，Incompatible device:S6/S7;Compatible:USB,USB-C(type-c),Andorid,Windows,Most of smart phone and computer.High Compatibility – The USB3.0 Connector compatible with USB3.0 & USB2.0 backwards USB 1.1; And support nearly all mobile phones which support OTG function.
- High Transmission Speed – with USB3.0 port, it features a maximum sequential read speed of 90 MB/s and maximum sequential write speed of 30 MB/s.
- Dual USB Storage for USB Type 3.0 devices and USB devices at 32/64/128GB capacity. It’s like having 2 USB in 1 device! It allows you a high speed data transfer between variable port devices such as mobile phones, computers, tablets, etc.
- 100% Risk Free Guarantee – If you have any problems with the product, let us know and we will provide you with a refund or replacement as the flash drive comes with 12-Months Warranty.
So these were all of the best USB-C flash Drive for MacBook Pro that is currently available in the market. It truly is a great time for all of us because USB-C is evolving at a rapid pace and new features are being added to this port every day. These are all newer models which support the Power Delivery feature. The prices are also reasonable compared to what Apple charges you for their own USB-C flash drive. I hope you found this article useful and it will help you in your purchase! If you think we missed something and would like to see a certain product reviewed then please let us know down in the comments section. Please don’t forget to share if you find this article helpful.