If your Apple Watch’s screen locks up, it merely takes a few seconds to do a hard reset. The first thing you should attempt is to restart if your Apple Watch suddenly won’t respond to taps and swipes. Restarting the watch usually resolves problems. It is beneficial, for example, if an app crash and a conventional force quit are ineffective or if the live data flow between your iPhone and Apple Watch feels erratic.
You should do a force restart or hard reset if your Apple Watch keeps locking up and freezing despite turning it off. It simply takes a few seconds to use this simple procedure. Make a backup of your Apple Watch before doing a factory reset if you want to restore your data to the same or a new watch.
Most minor difficulties may be resolved permanently by performing a hard reset on your Apple Watch. In order to perform a hard reset Apple Watch, you might need to follow the steps given below.
How to Hard Reset Apple Watch in 2022?
Giving the Apple Watch a complete reset is occasionally the only option to fix problems and get it operating properly once more. All of your Apple Watch data and files will be deleted if you do a hard reset.
Hard Reset for Series 1 and 2
For performing a Hard reset on Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 perform the following steps given below:
- Turn on your Apple Watch by tapping on the button present on the side.
- Now you need to hold the side button until the menu appears on the screen
- Now press and hold the power off tab until you see the factory reset window on the screen
- Now tap on the window and erase all the data
- And, you’re done with Hard reset.
Also Read: How to Connect AirPods to MacBook Pro?
Hard Reset Apple Watch Series 3
Perform underlying steps to perform Hard Reset for Apple Watch Series 3.
- By pushing the side button, confirm that your Apple Watch is on.
- Keep pressing the side button until the Watch menu appears.
- Tap and hold the power off tab until a factory reset window appears on the screen
- Format all the data by tapping on it
- Make sure the charger is plugged in and connected to your Apple Watch.
- Confirm the reset when the Reset menu appears.
- And, you’re done with performing Hard reset.
Hard Reset for Series 4, 5, 6 & 7
If you have Apple Watch Series 4 or 5 follow the below steps to perform a hard reset.
- Get your Apple Watch off. Although not required, this is advised.
- While holding down the side button, simultaneously press the Digital Crown.
- Hold the buttons down until the display goes dark. When you see the Apple logo, let go.
- And you’re done. Check to see whether all problems have been resolved with your Apple Watch.
You’ve reached the end of this virtual guide on how to Hard reset Apple watch in 2022. I hope one of the above-mentioned methods must have worked for you. If you have any other questions or you’ve found an alternate solution that isn’t mentioned above, feel free to mention it in the comment box below.