Is your MacBook Pro not turning on? Are you freaking out thinking it might be a pricy repair? If yes, then don’t worry because it is very easy to fix this issue.
There might be several reasons due to which your MacBook Pro is not turning on. Let’s have a look at few reasons-
- Faulty charger
- Low battery
- Power cycle
Now that we know the reasons due to which your MacBook Pro is not turning on let’s quickly jump on to the solutions to fix it.
How To Fix MacBook Pro Not Turning On?
Here are few solutions that will help you in resolving MacBook Pro Not Turning On issue-
1. Check Power Cycle
You must check the Power cycle of your MacBook Pro if it is not turning on. First, you need to unplug the power cable from your MacBook then press and hold the power button of your MacBook for up to 10 seconds. Then connect your power cable back. See if your MacBook power is fine or not.
2. Check your charger
A faulty charger could be one of the major reasons due to which your MacBook Pro is not turning on. Your AC adapter or charging cable could be damaged and that is preventing your MacBook from charging. This could cause your MacBook to boot up. Try another AC adapter and charging cable to isolate the issue. Also, check out How To Fix MacBook Pro Not Charging Issue?
3. Safe Boot
Safe Boot limits the check it does when MacBook is booting up and then it’s definitely worth a shot. Safe Boot can help in fixing the issue of the MacBook Pro not turning on. Therefore, follow the steps below to Safe Boot-
- Ensure your MacBook Pro is powered off.
- Then power it on while holding a shift key.
- Be patient as Safe boot might take some time.
4. Reset PRAM
PRAM holds the memory of certain settings even when the MacBook is powered off. Therefore, resetting the PRAM might resolve the issue. Follow the steps below to reset PRAM-
- Hold down Command + Option or alt + P + R and turn on the MacBook.
- Keep holding the keys until you hear the MacBook restart again.
- Listen for a second reboot and then release the keys.
5. Reset SMC
SMC stands for System Management Controller. You can try resetting the SMC if your MacBook Pro is not turning on. Follow the steps below to reset SMC-
- Shut down your MacBook and then unplug it.
- Now reconnect the power cable and press shift ctrl + option or alt keys as well as the power button at the same time.
- Release all those keys and the power button at the same time.
- Now restart your MacBook.
6. Re-installing MacOs
Now if you have tried all of the above solutions and if nothing worked out for you then you can try re-installing MacOs. Maybe re-installing Mac Os can help you to resolve this issue. Therefore, to re-install macOS first you need to boot in recovery mode. To do follow the steps below-
- Hold down Command +R + Power button at the same time.
- Release the keys after you see the Apple logo.
- Now, wait until it Boot into recovery mode.
- Then a window will pop up with a few options.
- Just click on reinstall MacOs and follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Remove battery
Lastly, you can try to remove the battery to resolve the issue. If you are using an older version of MacBook Pro then it may be having a removable battery. Therefore, remove the battery and then re-insert it to see if now your MacBook Pro is turning on or not. Also, check out Microphone Not Working On Mac? Here is How to Fix!
I hope that the solutions listed above help you to resolve the MacBook Pro not turning on issue. In case if the above-listed solutions do not work out for you then you can take your MacBook to the nearest Apple Store to get it repaired. Once the issue gets resolved then you can install apps like Disk drill, iStart menus to ensure the smooth functioning of your device.